Out Reach Activities of USTM can be categorized as follows:-
1. Holistic in nature; concerning the Society & Institutions in general.
· Nobel Laureate & founder of Bachpan Bachao Andolon, Sri Kailash Satyarthi was given a platform to launch the Meghalaya lap of his Bharat Yatra. Students & faculty participated in the same.
· Regular interaction with media & arranging inter phase of media with academia.
· Media Awards.
· Media fellowships.
· Recognizing pioneering work & dedication to nation building activities by honouring such eminent personalities. Jadav Payeng (The forest man of Assam).
2. Academic in nature; related to academia & academic institutes.
· Annual academic memorial lecture in the memory of APJ Abdul Kalam.
· Special financial assistance to meritorious but poor students.
· Competitive Exams Cell, USTM.
· Free coaching to in-house as well as free coaching & library access to other students who wish to excel in National competitive exams since 2012. The enrollment has increased from 60+ students in 2012 to 620+ in 2018. The results are encouraging, in 2017. 13 students cleared NET & 4 cleared GATE.
The entire course fee of students so qualified is returned to their parents, in a bid to motivate the students to crack the exam.
· MoUs signed with premier Universities and Institutions of Eminence to encourage faculty development and facilitate students to face real life situation better, due to exposure.
· Different departments organize regular talks / seminar & symposia on matters related to curriculum as well as on emerging trends in the subject.
· Encourage school communities around campus & college communities from Meghalaya & Assam to visit the Library & Laboratory facilities of USTM.
· NEGC organized annually.
· NE Jr. College Principal meet.
3. Location specific / issue based
· Driving school for women, an outreach initiative.
· Recycling centre at Akshar School, Pamahi.
· Promoting the spirit behind “Art of Living”. An MoU signed with Sri Sri University – Odisha
· Exchange programmes.
Students from University of South Korea, other NE India Universities & from Universities of mainland India come to USTM Campus, enrich us & get enriched themselves.
· Each department adopts a village & students/faculty help them to help themselves by linking them up with agencies, Banks & enabling them to articulate and solve their problems.
· Campus community contributes material, manpower & money in the event of man-made or natural calamities.