1. Only enrolled
Students, Researchers, Faculty and Staff as registered members are allowed to
use the Library.
2. Members should produce their Library Membership card at the entrance of the
3. A duplicate Library Membership card will be issued on payment of Rs.100/-.
4. The ex-faculty/staff members may be enrolled as members against a security
deposit of Rs. 5000/- (refundable) and registration fee of Rs. 1000/-
5. Some eminent academicians/scholars and other dignitaries may be enrolled as
Special members on the recommendations of competent authority only against a
security deposit of Rs. 5000/- (refundable) and registration fee of Rs. 1000/-
B) General rules
1. Readers should
observe strict silence inside the Library.
2. Use of Mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library premises.
3. Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
4. Library membership card is non-transferable.
5. Readers are not allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material
(spiral/bound book/photocopied material) inside the Library.
6. Personal belongings like bags (laptop, shoulder, and sling), umbrellas, etc.
should be deposited at the Property Counter against a token. These are not
allowed inside the Library.
7. In case the property counter token is lost, the deposited article may be
claimed with proper identification after producing a written request.
8. Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, passport,
credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
9. Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials or
property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
10. Readers should not carry books from one floor to another and should leave
the books on the reading table after consulting.
11. Readers should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers.
Reading halls are meant for individual study and research only.
12. Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
13. The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal
belongings of the users.
14. Library staff shall not transmit telephone calls or other personal messages
to the readers.
15. The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member
found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member.
C) Overdue charges
1. Textbooks - the
overdue charges Rs. 15/- for first fourteen days.
2. General books - the overdue charges 1 rupee per day for first seven days,
rupees five for next seven days.
3. After the expiry of fourteen days, for both Textbooks and General books, the
defaulter has to pay the price of the latest edition of the book plus overdue
charges for the period the book is kept without authorization.
4. Membership shall be suspended for repeated delay in returning the books.
D) Use of computers/laptops etc.
1. Computer in the library
premises should be used for academic purposes only.
2. Online chatting/dating, browsing of social networking sites is strictly
prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
3. Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library
4. Readers must carry their Library Membership card while using the Cyber
Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
5. Readers should not to share their Internet access ID and Password with other
6. Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not
7. Use of laptops in the cubical systems where computers are already installed
is not permitted.
8. Readers should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables
and other peripherals/accessories in the library.
9. Personal keyboard, mouse, etc are not allowed inside the Library.
10. Library users must take care of their Pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, mobiles and
E) General Reading Hall.
1. The right to use General
Reading Hall is exclusively reserved for bonafide members of Library.
2. Members should produce their Library Membership card at the entrance.
3. Readers should not leave bags/books/copies on the table and cannot claim,
capture, and reserve seats for future use.
4. The seats are to be used/ occupied on the first come first served basis.
5. Capturing/reserving seats for friends/future use is strictly prohibited.
Other scholars may remove the bags and books if these are left unattended on the
6. Readers should not scribble on table tops or damage them.
7. Readers should not clutter the table with heaps of books and other reading
1. Consultation facility is
available for Research Scholars of other Universities/Institutions for a short
2. The Research Scholars/students from other organizations should bring
recommendation letter from Supervisor/Guide or letter from the concerned
1. Maximum of three
books can be issued at a time (textbooks for 7days and General Books for
2. Students can reserve books at the Circulation Counter in case they are
3. Books in demand may not be renewed.
4. Readers are responsible for books issued against their names.
5. Library reserves the right to recall any issued book even before the due
6. The material such as rare books, thesis, dissertations, loose issues of
periodicals etc. marked for consultation shall not be issued.
7. Borrowers must satisfy about the physical condition of the books before
borrowing otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage later or at the
time of return.
NB: These rules are subject to revision / updating from time to time. For
latest Library rules and regulations, please visit university website regularly.